The use of pure aromatic essences of plants, also known as essential oils, to balance, harmonize, and promote the health of the body, mind, and soul. It consists of the use of pure essential oils obtained from a wide assortment of plants, which have been steam distilled or cold-pressed from flowers, fruit, bark and roots.
Aromatherapy offers an easy way to enhance the quality of your life by helping to resore balance to your mind, body and spirit.
Aromatherapy can help ease a wide assortment of ailments; aches, pains, and injuries, as well as, boost your immune system, prevent common aliments or illness, and speed up recovery time when sick.
Aromatherapy also acts on the central nervous system, relieving depression and anxiety, reducing stress, relaxing, uplifting, sedating or stimulating, restoring both physical and emotional well being.
The skin is the largest organ of the body. Essential oils are so small in molecular weight that they can quickly penetrate the tissues of the skin, and are carried away by the capillary blood circulating in the dermis
The quickest and most effective method of using essential oils for emotional issues is through inhalation. Essential oils have tiny molecules, which disperse into the air and reach the nose when we inhale. Smells trigger a memory response, because there is a direct route which exists between memory and smell.
Essntial oils can enter the body through oral ingestion (swallowing). This is NOT recommended without the advice of an experienced aromatherapist.
Essential oils are highly concentrated aromatic essences extracted form various parts of plants and trees. They are 75 to 100 times more concentrted than dried herbs. They contain the true essence or life force energy of the plant, and are often referred to as the plants immune system.
1) INHALATION - Great for colds/flu & repiratory conditions, and emotional issues, such as, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, fear, ect. Smell directly from the bottle, or apply a few drops to a cotton ball or tissue, and inhale.
2) ROOM DIFFUSION - Great to diffuse aroma throughout a room or house.
3) BATHS - Great for overall absorption into the body, boosting immunity, skin conditions, relaxation. Add 3 - 5 drops to bath water, soak for atleast 20 mins.
4) COMPRESS - Great for pain relief on a specific body part. Place 3 -5 drops into basin of hot or cold water, soak cloth, wring out, and place over painful area.
5) MASSAGE - Great for stress relief, muscle aches, detoxifying, immunity. Add 15 drops of chosen oil or blend to 1 oz. carrier oil
1) Never use undiluted essential oils on the skin
2) Avoid essential oils during pregnancy
3) Use the smallest amount of oil to get the job done
4) Keep essential oils out of reach of children. Treat like medicine
5) Essential oils are flammable - keep away from fire hazards
6) Never take internally
7) Avoid eye contact -if do get into eye, wipe with a cotton ball moistened with vegetable oil
8) High Blood Pressure - avoid large dose topically of rosemary, peppermint, thyme, & black pepper
9) Low Blood Pressure - avoid large doses topically of lavender, marjoram, chamomile, ylang ylang, & frankincense
10) Photosensitizing (can cause sunburn) - all citrus oils -avoid if history of melanoma